Friday, April 22, 2005

Legacy? Dr. M? What is next?

I've always been critical of Dr. Mahathir. Maybe I got it from my dad. There are things that he did which could be categorize as great but there are things that he did which to me was lack of morality or the bigger picture. First was the timber fiasco and now its bribing people for US support. Is this a screw up? Why should the government pay so much for a support in the United States of America? Isn't Dr. Mahathir being a hypocrite for denouncing US for its foreign policy while trying to gain favours from the US? Is that being honest? I'm not sure what Dr. M is trying to do and if his action is right but I feel it is a mistake for a government to bribe policy makers. That's just plainly being dishonest and if a leader screws up, everyone who are depended on him screws up. Read here for more context.

No comments: